Monday, August 25, 2008

Technical Support Over THE PHONE!

A lot of people have a really low opinion of technical support reps.
Think they're stupid.

And I suppose that's a good thing, because in my position, half the time I'd rather have them think 'oh he wouldn't know anything, i better call someone else.' and not waste my time, with their inability to even know what the fuck a startmenu is or that the fact their speakers aren't working means their goddamn internet is out.

jesus fucking christ there are some idiots out there.

every now and then though, you get someone who knows what they're talking about, these people aren't so bad, but usually they try to get you to do something, that you could get in trouble with.

I'm not going to manage your router, even if I know how. I'm not going to go outside of my scope of support. If I did that, I could lose my job. Why? why would I do that? Why risk my job just to help your dumbass setup a router. If you don't know how, don't ask me. You have the internet, that's the whole goddamn world at your mother fucking finger tips.

And you go 'oh gee, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, I better call my ISP.'

Well fuck you douche bag. Take the time to learn something and maybe you won't be so fucking clueless all the goddamn time. Cocksucker.

No comments: