Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Sailors Life For Me.

I am the captain of a lonely ship.
No one mans my sails but me.

I look for a hearty crew to join me on my quest.
But it seems that either no one is interested, or those who are interested are put off by my other qualities.
So I shall sail alone, through rain and murky waters.

Being Captain of a ship doesn't mean much when you're the only crew member.

Going from port to port, looking for people to join..

I've always found a little bit of pleasure in being alone though.
Relying on myself to save myself.

The water isn't always so bad either, sometimes it's nice to take a swim.
And I may meet some people along the way, Captains of other ships.
Become friends with them and their crew.

But I must never forget that I am alone.

Destination seemingly unreachable without a crew.

But most likely, once I get there, I'll miss sailing.

The best part about reaching the destination is usually the trip you take to get there.
Winning, losing, Sailing high, making stops along the way..

Perhaps it is better to give up the idea of reaching a destination and just sail.

There's plenty of fish in the sea.
Who needs to stop when one can live off the sea as one would live off the land?

Captain of No One.
Hero of myself.
Big fish in a little pond.


--------

My body, a vessel.
This life, the waters.
My mind and soul, the Captain.

I sail these seas and visit places secretly.
Secrecy, hard to imagine a huge ship, with enormous sails, being able to secretly travel about.

Aye, I smell the scent of a mutiny. Perhaps it shall work in my favor.
So I work, in secret, to aid those who would sabotage their captain, for their gain, and yet my own.

I am the Captain, I wear a nice hat.
I control the wheel.

Perhaps once this mutiny is over, I shall have a new crew to assist me in manning my sails.

If not, oh well, at least I helped a few troubled souls along my way.

They call me crazy, for being at sea without a map.
I learned my way around these waters.
Through mistakes.
Through advice.

My Ship, the S.S. Avalon...
Aye, I did work hard for her, and I will have more work to go.
Hopefully I will have my own locker soon..

Perhaps it will be a locker that I will share.

No comments: